Reporting a bug
Reporting a bug requires an identification. To report a bug
- Go on the login page and put your login and pass (login page: https://github.com/login). In case you do not have a username, you should create an account on https://github.com/signup/free
- Go on https://github.com/osate/osate2-core/issues to see all the issues
Problems and Issues
Each OSATE project (core, plugins, Error-Model Annex, etc.) has its own issue tracker. There are the list of the issue tracker:
- Core of OSATE: https://github.com/osate/osate2-core/issues: main issue page for Osate 2 core sources
- Plug-Ins: https://github.com/osate/osate2-plugins/issues?page=1&state=open
- Error Model Annex v2: https://github.com/osate/ErrorModelV2/issues?page=1&state=open
Submitting a good bug report
Please read the following to report a good bug report: https://www.lucidchart.com/blog/2016/10/18/how-to-write-an-effective-bug-report-that-actually-gets-resolved-and-why-everyone-should/
Submitting a bug report
When submitting a bug report, the more information you can provide, the best. Likely, there is a list of useful information that you might include when submitting a bug report, but please provide as much as possible:
- Example of a model to reproduce the bug. Please send a complete OSATE project that includes the properties you are using (other than the core standard properties). To share model and/or code, you can use gist at https://gist.github.com/
- Do you use OSATE as a product of Eclipse plug-in ?
- If you use the OSATE product, do you use the testing or the stable version ?
- If you use the development version, do you use the stable or develop branch ?
- Which operating system are you using (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X) ?
- Which version of OSATE are you using ?
Get a error trace
When you want to send a error trace, you need to get the Eclipse log. To do so, follow these instructions:
- In Eclipse, go in Help and then, About Eclipse or About OSATE
- Click on installation details, a new winwod would appear
- Click on the tab Configuration. The text for the configuration might be useful also when submitting a bug report
- Click on "View Error Log". A new Window containing a full error log would appear. You can then copy/paste the text when reporting a bug