About This Template
This is a template for a software architecture document (SAD) suitable for wiki format.
It was adapted from a Microsoft Word template created at the Software Engineering Institute. In this wiki template as well as in the original Word template, the software architecture consists of a set of architectural views along with information that applies to multiple views. The templates follow guidelines from the book Documenting Software Architectures: Views and Beyond.
For more information, comments or questions, please contact Paulo Merson
<Insert Name of SAD>
<Insert Organization Name>
Software Architecture Document (SAD)
Content Owner: <Insert Name>
- Documentation Roadmap and Overview
- Architecture Background
- Mapping Between Views
- Referenced Materials
- Glossary and Acronyms
| To create an instance of this document:
- Insert relevant information on this page
- A gray box containing CONTENT OF THIS SECTION is provided at most sections and subsections. After determining what specific information will be included in your document, you can remove this gray box or leave it to serve as a section overview for your readers.
- Consider hyperlinking keywords and sources used in the document with their entries in the Glossary, the References or other location in which they are defined.
- To add a file or an image to your page do the following:
- Upload the file: on the left frame, toolbox group box, click "Upload file".
- Link the file in the code. For example, if the file is a picture named pic001.jpg write [[Image:pic001.jpg|alternative text]] to show it on the page and have "alternative text" showing when the mouse pointer hovers the picture.
- Do not worry about creating the Table of Contents box. It will be generated automatically for each page.
- To instanciate this document: Give this file to your sysadmin. (Versions of MediaWiki equal or previous to 1.5 only allow sysadmins to import new projects). More information can be found on MediaWiki documentation pages.