Account disable announcement
As of Friday, September 8, 2023, the SEI Secure Coding Wiki no longer provides the ability to sign up for new user accounts. In addition, all accounts that have not made contributions (e.g., comments, edits) to a space or page content will be disabled (accounts that have had recent activity will not be disabled).
If you have a specific need to keep your account active, or you feel your account has been disabled in error, please submit a message.
Access to view pages will remain for the public users without an account.
Active Account Requirements
- Actively contributing content to the wiki (e.g. page edits, comments)
- Demonstrated on-going need to access information contained within the external wiki
Rules vs. Recomendations
This coding standard consists of rules and recommendations, collectively referred to as guidelines. Rules are meant to provide normative requirements for code, whereas recommendations are meant to provide guidance that, when followed, should improve the safety, reliability, and security of software systems. Learn more about the differences.
Linking to Our Pages
Link to guidelines using the Tiny Link under Tools→Link to this Page... (This URL will not change if the name of the guideline changes.)
Information for Editors
- To eliminate a section from the lists above, label it section and void.
- To have a section listed as a recommendation, label it section and recommendation.
- To have a section listed as a rule, label it section and rule.